Unquiet Winds was inspired by medieval Japanese and European love poems. Its creation employs principles of Japanese Butoh dance.
“I saw a girl under green laurel
Colder and whiter than the snow
Untouched by the sun for many years”.
It withers in the world,
This flower-like human heart.”
- Choreographer: Denise Fujiwara
- Performers: Brendan Wyatt and Sylvie Bouchard
- Director and Dramaturge: Marie-Josée Chartier
- Costumes & Set Design: Cheryl Lalonde
- Music & Sound Design: Thomas Ryder Payne