An evening-length dance-theatre trio based on an undying quest for love and a need to understand its meaning. Through a poignant and comical journey for two timeless lovers, Histoire d’amour ponders the essence of this ethereal feeling we cannot live without.
- Choreographers: Susie Burpee, Denise Fujiwara, Louis-Martin Charest, Julia Aplin, and Sylvie Bouchard/Louis Laberge-Côté
- Performers: Brendan Wyatt, Sylvie Bouchard and Vincent Leblanc-Beaudoin
- Director and Dramaturge: Marie-Josée Chartier
- Projections: Ayelen Liberona
- Costumes & Set Design: Cheryl Lalonde
- Music & Sound Design: Thomas Ryder Payne
- Lighting design: Kimberly Purtell
- Writers: Marie-Josée Chartier, Christian Laurin, Adam Paolozza, and Lindsay Zier-Vogel
- Text editor: Lindsay Zier-Vogel
The production of Histoire d’Amour was generously supported by The Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council and the Toronto Arts Council.
- premiered at the Harbourfront Centre / Enwave Theatre (Toronto Ontario), as a DanceWorks Mainstage presentation, on May 3-5, 2012
- toured to Centre Culturel Frontenac / Théâtre l’Octave (Kingston, Ontario), on March 22nd, 2018
- toured to La Place des Arts de Hearst / salle Lina Payeur (Hearst, Ontario), on March 29th, 2018
- presented at Harbourfront Centre / Enwave Theatre, as part of Next Step (Toronto, Ontario), on April 5-7, 2018