Gravity of Descent is part of a commissioning project that is comprised of solos and duos of 30 minutes each – intimate encounters created by choreographers with whom Sylvie Bouchard wants to journey with creatively, exploring new territories and enabling all collaborators to discover together.
Two original minimalist sound/movement solos inspired by the weight of a poetic disposition were performed separately by Susanna Hood and Gary Tai in the first ever lbs/sq” production. This reinvestigation almost 25 years later is a study in separateness and simplicity of action in two solos simultaneously negotiating the viewer’s eye.
“I would like to deeply thank Jeff Livingston for his insight, my family for their support these many years, the invaluable teachings of Denise Fujiwara, the powers of Sylvie, Learie, Oriana and our team, York University Dance for the use of their space, Adina Herling for her courage and rigour, the board of Pounds for their endless dedication, Marketa, Sylvie and BoucharDanse.”
- Choreographer / Concept / Text: Gerry Trentham
- Performers: Sylvie Bouchard and Learie Mc Nicolls
- Composer: John Mark Sherlock
- Costume Design: Cheryl Lalonde
- Lighting Design: Gabriel Cropley
- Projection Design: Jesse Deganis Libreara
- Rehearsal Director: Oriana Pagnotta
- Technical Director: James Kendal
- Photos and Videos: William Yong
- Set Construction: Jeffrey Livingston
A coproduction of BoucharDanse and lbs/sq”